2. The Peoples Democratic Party Governorship Campaign Council in Bayelsa State has advised the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the November 11 governorship election, Chief Timipre Sylva, to honourably step down from the race as the odds were allegedly against him. This was contained in a press release on Tuesday by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Duoye Diri.
3. Twenty-five soldiers and an officer are currently being court-martialed in the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army for various offences. The personnel facing the trial are drawn from various formations within the division, whose area of responsibility covers the entire South-East states and Cross River. The General Officer Commanding, 82 Division, Maj. Gen. Hassan Dada, inaugurated the court martial in Enugu on Tuesday.
4. The Senate has justified the purchase of a 2023 model of Toyota Landcruiser for members at the contract price of about N160 million each, saying even Local Government Chairmen drive good cars. This is in addition to the bullet proof vehicles being purchased for Senate President Godswill Akpabio and his deputy, Barau Jibrin.
5. Bandits have attacked a mosque in Allah Babba community, Sabon Layi Village of Kakangi Constituency in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State. They killed the Imam and two other people, injuring two more worshippers.
6. The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr Richard Montgomery, on Tuesday, visited the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja. Speaking during the visit, Montgomery said he was at the APC headquarters to congratulate Ganduje on his new role as the party’s helmsman.
7. There was pandemonium at Minna, Niger State Capital, when a suspected member of Boko Haram sect engaged security operatives in a gun duel in the wee hours of Tuesday. Security Operatives were said to have launched an operation at Gebganu Area of Minna, where the house of the suspect is located.
8. The House of Representatives, on Monday, summoned the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Yemi Cardoso over the lifting of the forex ban on 43 items. Cardoso is to appear before the House committees on Regulatory Banking, Finance and Customs.
9. President Bola Tinubu said on Tuesday, October 24, that the Nigerian economy will soon bounce back despite the difficulties being experienced by Nigerians. The President spoke while flagging off the two-day Green Economy Summit: ‘Sustainable Future: Harnessing Green Assets and Innovation for Niger State’s Prosperity’, organised by Niger State Government.
10. President Bola Tinubu has directed the implementation of all recommendations by the Presidential Fiscal Policy and Tax Reform Committee across ministries, agencies, and departments of the federal government. President Tinubu gave the directive on Tuesday, October 24, after receiving the report on the quick-win achievements of the committee from its chairman, Taiwo Oyedele, at the State House, Abuja.
For more about Nigerian Newspapers click Mytrendcaster.com.