Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Federal Government, on Friday, announced that Nigeria’s oil production has increased to about 1.7 million barrels per day, up from the 1.1mbpd recorded in August 2023. The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Heineken Lokpobiri, disclosed this in a session with journalists at his office in Abuja on Friday.
2. Ondo State House of Assembly says it has halted the impeachment proceedings against the State’s Deputy Governor, Mr Lucky Aiyedatiwa. The House said it took the decision during its plenary session on Thursday following the refusal of the Chief Judge, Justice Olusegun Odusola to set up a panel to probe the embattled deputy governor.
3. The Kogi State Chairman of the African Democratic Party, Kingsley Oga, and some members of the party across the three senatorial districts have dumped the governorship candidate of the party, Leke Abejide, for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Usman Ododo. Oga disclosed this while addressing journalists on Friday.
4. The Rivers State Police has arrested a suspected child trafficker identified as Peace Effiong with two newborn twins along the Rumuikini-Choba axis of the East-West Road in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the State.
The State Commissioner of Police, Emeke Nwonyi disclosed this on Friday, adding that officers intercepted a Toyota Sienna carrying occupants with suspicious behaviour in the area. The babies were discovered after a search on the vehicle.
5. President Bola Tinubu has dissolved the former governing board and management team of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA). Chief Ajuri Ngelale, presidential spokesman, announced this in a statement on Friday.
6. Governor Ahmed Aliyu of Sokoto State has said he inherited an empty treasury and no single note was handed over to him by his predecessor, former Governor Aminu Tambuwal.
Aliyu was responding to the deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kanu, who asked how the Governor was able to execute 100 projects in his first 100 days in office during a condolence visit to the state on Thursday.
7. President Bola Tinubu has pulled the Federal Capital Territory Administration ( FCTA) out of the Treasury Single Account (TSA). This, he said, would allow Nyesom Wike-led FCTA to use the territory’s Internally Generated Revenue IGR for the development of the nation’s capital.
8. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved another 260 different interventions on roads across the country. Minister of Works, David Umahi, stated this in a statement on his official social media handles on Friday. He said the interventions followed various complaints by Nigerians on the deplorable state of roads across the country.
9. It has been confirmed that Nigerian afrobeat star, David Adeleke, AKA Davido, and his wife Chioma welcomed twins in the United States. The couple were spotted smiling with the twins, a boy and a girl, in a viral video on Friday as they were about to leave the hospital.
10. The coroner’s inquest looking into the cause of the death of a singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, aka Mohbad, has summoned controversial singer, Abdulazeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley, Owodunni Eletu, aka Sam Larry and Owodunni Ibrahim, aka Primeboy, to appear before it on October 25, 2023
For more about Nigerian Newspapers click Mytrendcaster.com.