Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The legal teams of the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the Labour Party, LP, Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, respectively, on Friday confirmed that they have received the Certified True Copies of the judgment of the Presidential Election Petition Court. This has enabled them to prepare for appeal.
2. Troops of the Nigerian Army, in collaboration with Hybrid Force, have killed three suspected Boko Haram terrorists in the Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
A statement by the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, on Friday, noted that the troops also arrested five terrorists’ logistics suppliers with foodstuffs and money.
Follow us for more Nigerian Newspapers review Now.
3. An unidentified man was electrocuted while trying to steal transformer cables in the early hours of Friday on the premises of the Niger State Printing Press in Minna. It was learnt that the corpse of the man was found hanging on the transformer on Friday morning. Head of the Legal Unit of the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, Aminu Ubandoma, confirmed the incident.
4. Gunmen suspected to be cultists, on Friday evening, murdered a Divisional Police Officer in Rivers State, Bako Amgbanshin. The gunmen were said to have captured and dismembered Amgbanshin in Ahoada East Local Government Area of the State.
The miscreants had laid an ambush for him while on an operation with other police officers to raid some criminal hideouts in Ahoada East axis.
5. Seventeen people were feared dead after a boat conveying 23 passengers capsized in Adamawa State. A witness, Faisal Rugange, said the boat conveying locals capsized in Njuwa Lake across Rugange village in Yola South Local Government Area just before noon on Friday, when the victims were going to Yola town for business.
6. Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has resumed official duties 24 hours after he returned from three-month medical vacation. Governor Akeredolu met with key stakeholders in Ondo State at his residence in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, where he landed.
7. Security was on Friday beefed up at the Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju, Lagos as the funeral rites for Late Pastor Taiwo Odukoya commenced with a service of songs and night of tributes.
At the service of songs, tributes, tears flowed freely from clerics, colleagues, mentees who praised the clergyman for the roles he performed in their various lives.
8. The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu has disclosed the federal government’s readiness to return refugees and migrants to their various homes by 2024. She said structures must be put in place to repatriate and reintegrate the internally displaced persons back into their communities.
9. A 21-year-old man, Salami Anedu, has been arrested for killing his wife, Esther Friday following disagreement over food. The deceased was also 21-year-old. Anedu was paraded yesterday, along with other suspected criminals by Edo Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Chidi Nwabuzor, a Superintendent of Police (SP).
10. A United Nigeria Airlines aircraft on Friday night overshot the runway at the Murtala Muhammed Airport (MMA), Lagos causing panic among passengers. The incident happened at about 7:35 pm on Runway 18.
For more about Nigerian Newspapers click Mytrendcaster.com.
Today the CEO of MyTrendCaster Media Hub in person of Mr Oluwafemi Elijah Ayomide Is Celebrating is Birthday today. Happy Birthday boss Age Gracefully