However, due to the sensitive nature of its operations, recruitment into the agency is carefully done. In this post, we will give you guide on how to apply for it recruitment in Nigeria.
EFCC is a law enforcement agency in Nigeria established in the year 2003 to investigate all financial related crimes.
These include, internet fraud (yahoo yahoo), money laundering, looting, mismanagement, advance fee fraud, and more.
The anti-graft agency also has the power to coordinate and enforce all economic and financial laws in Nigeria. In the past, the agency has arrested and prosecuted several high profile Nigerians who are involved in financial related crimes.
EFCC recruitment – how it is done
The agency gives equal opportunity to all prospective employees. And recruitment into the agency is done as the need arises. But since operations of EFCC is highly sensitive, candidates are thoroughly screened before they will be offered a provisional employment.
The screening includes the following;
- Medical Examination: The agency conducts medical check on all potential employees to ascertain their true medical conditions.
- Verification of documents: EFCC will go any length to verify every documents submitted to them by candidates.
- A test for illegal drugs: EFCC conducts a thorough drug check on its candidates to ensure they do not employ drug addicted individuals.
- Credit and record check.
- EFCC will trace and interview former employers, friends, colleagues, teachers, neighbors, and so on.
In addition, persons applying for EFCC
recruitment must be transparent and honest with no past record of criminal behaviors.
Requirements for EFCC recruitment
The anti-graft agency job is open to every young Nigerian who meet the following requirements;
1. Applicants must be between 18 and 27 years.
2. Must not be married (only singles are needed)
3. Applicants height must not be less than 1.67 metres for male and 1.64 metres for female.
4. Must have the original copies of relevant educational certificates. Statement of results and/or online print out is not needed.
5. Must be physically, mentally and medically fit.
6. Applicants must have good hearing and good eye-sight.
7. Must not have any criminal record, and must not have tattoos in their body.
How to apply for EFCC recruitment
Below is how to apply for the recruitment;
1. Go to EFCC portal to check if there is active vacancy.
2. If there is any active job at the portal, proceed to any EFCC office nearest to you, and obtain a recruitment form.
3. Fill the form, and submit it back to them.
4. Finally, wait for screening exercise and interview invitation.
Note: All applications should be addressed to:
The Head, Human Resources, P.M.B 166, Garki, Abuja.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via their e-mail or phone number.